BSc. Medical Laboratory Technology
The Medical Laboratory Technology program is practically oriented, grounded in the basic sciences and supported by clinical courses and internships in hospitals. The program aims at producing graduates who can efficiently collect, process and analyze biological samples of patients for the accurate diagnosis of diseases. The curriculum is based on the belief that a well-trained Medical Laboratory Technologist is an asset to the health care team, and therefore, needs to be equipped with the required knowledge and skills to ensure accurate and safe diagnostic approach, in addition to having an interest in active research in prevention, cause and treatment of diseases. Kindly apply below or scroll down to read details of the program.
5 Reasons to Study this Course with Radford
- Excellent tuition
- Student accommodation
- Great job opportunities
- Access to modern laboratory equipment
- Seasoned lecturers
- WASSCE/SSSCE Certificate Holders
A pass in Core English and Core Mathematics, in addition to a pass in one of the following Core Subjects; Integrated Science, Social Studies/Life Skills. Passes in any three (3) relevant Elective Subjects.
The aggregate score for the core and elective subjects must be not be more than 24 for SSSCE holders and not more than 36 for WASSCE holders.
- G.C.E Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificate Holders
Credit Passes in at least Five (5) Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and a Science Subject) in West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) G.C.E. ‘O’ Level or School Certificate Examinations, and three (3) Passes at the G.C.E Advanced Level. Two ‘A’ Level passes at grade ‘C’ or better will also be accepted. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
- HND, DBS from any recognized institution, RSA Stage II & III, Post-Secondary Teacher Training Certificate from a recognized institution Professional Certificates from recognized professional bodies, Association of Business Executives (A.B.E).
- MATURE APPLICANTS: Persons applying for admission to Bachelor’s degree programs who have attained the age of twenty-five (25) or more, but who do not fully satisfy the above requirements will be classified as Mature Candidates. Such applicants must have reasonable education and working experience. All Mature applicants will be required to write the Mature Candidates Entrance Examination and must have passes in English and Mathematics.
Fees: GHS 3,265 per semester
Application Fee: GHS 100
- CT scan technicians.
- MRI technicians.
- X-ray Technicians.
- Dental Machine Technician.
- Operation Theatre Technician.
- MRI Technician.
- Pathology Technician.
- Physiotherapy Technician.
Start Date: 18th October 2019
Duration of program: 4 years
Remember to Apply Today!