BEng (Hons) Applied Electronics & Systems Engineering (Instrumentation Engineering Option)
This 4-Year Bachelor of Engineering in Applied Electronics & Systems Engineering (Instrumentation Engineering Option) is one of the captivating courses globally for its strategic focus on electrical and electronic engineering significant to current career paths in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Run by Global experts at Regent University of Science and Technology, the course trains you systematically to meet and exceed strategic skills that employers are looking for in the modern Electrical and Electronic industry. The Bachelor of Engineering in Applied Electronics & Systems Engineering (Instrumentation Engineering Option) is a gratifying experience designed for young people looking to take their career up the ladder within the Electrical and Electronics industry. Kindly apply below or scroll down to read full details of the programme.
7 Reasons to Study this Course with Regent
- State-of-the-art Facilities
- Great Job Opportunities
- Small Class Size
- Professional And Experienced Tutors
- Flexible Payment Plan
- Industrial Placement
- Support From Teaching And Research Assistants
- Credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) in the GCE Ordinary Level
- 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level, 2 of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’; or better
- Passes (at least D) in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
- Credit passes (at least C6) in three Core Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the WASSCE
- GBCE holders who possess passes in three compulsory subjects including English Language and passes in any three Elective subjects including Business Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma with at least and average mark of 10/20 or its equivalent and six months English Language proficiency for applicants with English Language as a second language
- Mature Students’ Entry Requirement (MSER):
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools), or a paper on the candidate’s preferred area of study, IT Appreciation, Mathematics and English Language. Applicants must obtain at least 50% in all four subjects before they will be considered for admission.
- Foreign students: Applicants in this category may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.
- Others: Applicants with International City and Guilds and Vocational
Qualifications, Private Secretaryship and Senior Stenographer Secretary are also acceptable. They may be placed in level 100 or 200 or 300 depending on the level of qualifications attained.
Regular: GHS 2,509 per semester
Weekend: GHS 1,752 per trimester
Application Fee: GHS 100
Instrumentation Engineering is a multidisciplinary field as such, it covers a wide range of functions in organizations. These functions include but are not limited to:
- Design and develop equipment which monitor and control installations
- Set up and manage control systems in manufacturing facilities, power plants, chemical plants, oil refineries, steel plants, drug manufacture, software and hardware companies etc.
- Manage the processes in manufacturing through sensing, monitoring and controlling variables
- Undertake projects for installation of new control systems and processes in manufacturing
- Plan new installations with optimal use of resources, time and costs, and in line with laid down health and safety standards
- Research, design, manufacture devices or systems that are used to measure or control physical quantities such as temperature, pressure etc.
- Design and calibrate devices such as electrical sensors and electrical circuits in different high precision devices to ensure accuracy in measurement
- Attend to glitches in the control system, trouble-shoot and guide technicians during the repair process
- Control Engineers design and develop different control devices and systems
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Duration of program: 4 years
Remember to Apply Today!