BSc. (Hons) Accounting and Information Systems
4-Year Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Information Studies Accounting is arguably the most popular across all industries, and for good reason; it is a core function within every business. The skills this course provides are highly transferable and constantly in demand. The BSc (Hons) Accounting with Information Systems aims at providing students with the knowledge, understanding and skills relating to accounting practices and theory with an extra emphasis on information systems. At Regent University College of Science and Technology, the programme has been designed and taught by Global experts to provide extensive practical experience and theoretical knowledge of computer based business systems. Irrespective of your industry, a degree in this course is certain to enhance your CV for any potential employer. The hands on experiences acquired during this course will allow you to gain strong skills in time management, resource management, qualitative decision-making and analytical thinking. Kindly apply below or scroll down to read full details of the program.
7 Reasons to Study this Course with Regent
- State-of-the-art Facilities
- Great Job Opportunities
- Small Class Size
- Professional And Experienced Tutors
- Flexible Payment Plan
- Industrial Placement
- Support From Teaching And Research Assistants
- Credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) in the GCE Ordinary Level
- 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level, 2 of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’; or better
- Passes (at least D) in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
- Credit passes (at least C6) in three Core Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the WASSCE
- GBCE holders who possess passes in three compulsory subjects including English Language and passes in any three Elective subjects including Business Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma with at least and average mark of 10/20 or its equivalent and six months English Language proficiency for applicants with English Language as a second language
- Mature Students’ Entry Requirement (MSER):
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools), or a paper on the candidate’s preferred area of study, IT Appreciation, Mathematics and English Language. Applicants must obtain at least 50% in all four subjects before they will be considered for admission.
- Foreign students: Applicants in this category may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.
- Others: Applicants with International City and Guilds and Vocational
Qualifications, Private Secretaryship and Senior Stenographer Secretary are also acceptable. They may be placed in level 100 or 200 or 300 depending on the level of qualifications attained.
Regular: GHS 2,248 per semester
Weekend: GHS 1,573 per trimester
Application: GHS 100
The programme will equip the graduate with skills that will help them handle the management of information efficiently for the purposes of decision-making and control. The graduate of this programme is equipped with essential competencies necessary for managers in any industry and/or company to make impactful and informative decisions which ultimately contribute to the success of the company hence, their relevance in every organization. The graduate will also be well prepared for various Accounting and Audit assignments.
- Public Finance Accountant
- Company Secretary
- Forensic Accountant
- Accounting Manager
- Financial Manager
- Investment Banker
- Chief Financial Officer
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Duration of program: 4 years
Remember to Apply Today!