BSc. (Hons) Banking and Finance
This 4-Year Bachelor of Science in Banking and Finance is a world class programme that allows the student to study business with language as an integrated package. This is what makes this degree distinctive: its combination of three related areas of study, namely Economics, Banking, and Finance with a study of French for business. At Regent University College of Science and Technology, the program equips students with a broad understanding of Managerial, Financial, and Economic concepts, enabling them to gain an awareness of the current practices and problems implicit in modern-day banking and finance. The program allows bankers and non-bankers to augment their training and knowledge by transferring to them comprehensive knowledge in the rapidly changing ICT in the banking and financial environment. This 4 years program aims to produce graduates who would have the necessary skills, industry and banking experience, are knowledgeable and creative so that they become indispensable in a rapidly changing banking and financial sector. Kindly apply below or scroll down to read full details of the program.
7 Reasons to Study this Course with Regent
- State-of-the-art Facilities
- Great Job Opportunities
- Small Class Size
- Professional And Experienced Tutors
- Flexible Payment Plan
- Industrial Placement
- Support From Teaching And Research Assistants
- Credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) in the GCE Ordinary Level
- 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level, 2 of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’; or better
- Passes (at least D) in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
- Credit passes (at least C6) in three Core Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the WASSCE
- GBCE holders who possess passes in three compulsory subjects including English Language and passes in any three Elective subjects including Business Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma with at least and average mark of 10/20 or its equivalent and six months English Language proficiency for applicants with English Language as a second language
- Mature Students’ Entry Requirement (MSER):
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools), or a paper on the candidate’s preferred area of study, IT Appreciation, Mathematics and English Language. Applicants must obtain at least 50% in all four subjects before they will be considered for admission.
- Foreign students: Applicants in this category may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.
- Others: Applicants with International City and Guilds and Vocational
Qualifications, Private Secretaryship and Senior Stenographer Secretary are also acceptable. They may be placed in level 100 or 200 or 300 depending on the level of qualifications attained.
Regular: GHS 2,248 per semester
Weekend: GHS 1,573 per trimester
Application Fee: GHS 100
Graduates are offered the practical management education and enough breadth in complementary academic subjects to prepare them to function effectively in complex organizations, government, industry, e-commerce firms, large or small business, financial institutions, manufacturing, distribution, retailing, the service sector. Those with an entrepreneurial spirit may choose to start their own company.
- Financial Advisor
- Financial Analyst
- Finance and Banking Advisor
- Investment Banker
- Investment Portfolio Manager
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Duration of program: 4 years
Remember to Apply Today!