BSc. (Hons) Computer Science
This 4-Year Bachelor of Science in Computer Science is a world class degree program which offers a curriculum combination of theoretical knowledge and practical involvement to strike a healthy balance between traditional academic learning and more hands-on experiences. Here at Regent University College of Science and Technology, the programme is handled by experts who provide students with a set of practical skills, which are built on a sound understanding of the principles and theories of computer science. It covers hardware (the behaviour and interaction of the electronic components from which computers are constructed), software (the computer programme) and methodologies (the techniques used in the analysis and design processes for computer systems), offering students the opportunity to focus their studies in specialised areas like Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, and Internet Computing, depending upon the students interests and career goals to meet what employers are looking for. Kindly apply below or scroll down to read full details of the programme.
7 Reasons to Study this Course with Regent
- State-of-the-art Facilities
- Great Job Opportunities
- Small Class Size
- Professional And Experienced Tutors
- Flexible Payment Plan
- Industrial Placement
- Support From Teaching And Research Assistants
- Credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) in the GCE Ordinary Level
- 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level, 2 of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’; or better
- Passes (at least D) in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
- Credit passes (at least C6) in three Core Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the WASSCE
- GBCE holders who possess passes in three compulsory subjects including English Language and passes in any three Elective subjects including Business Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma with at least and average mark of 10/20 or its equivalent and six months English Language proficiency for applicants with English Language as a second language
- Mature Students’ Entry Requirement (MSER):
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools), or a paper on the candidate’s preferred area of study, IT Appreciation, Mathematics and English Language. Applicants must obtain at least 50% in all four subjects before they will be considered for admission.
- Foreign students: Applicants in this category may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.
- Others: Applicants with International City and Guilds and Vocational
Qualifications, Private Secretaryship and Senior Stenographer Secretary are also acceptable. They may be placed in level 100 or 200 or 300 depending on the level of qualifications attained.
Regular: GHS 2,509 per semester
Weekend: GHS 1,752 per trimester
Application Fee: GHS 100
Career opportunities for Computer science graduates are:
- Software Developer
- Database Administrator
- Computer Hardware Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Computer Network Architect
- Web Developer
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Duration of program: 4 years
Remember to Apply Today!