BSc. (Hons) Information Systems Science
This 4-Year Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Science is globally one of the most prominent courses designed primarily to meet the needs of professionals and practitioners in the ICT industry with practical knowledge in information technology and its allied fields. Taught by industry experts at Regent University College of Science and Technology, this programme will be particularly useful for those who want to gain the technical knowledge to use and apply computer technologies in industry, the skills to design and manage innovative information systems, expertise in high demand areas of the computing industry, such as E-Commerce and information security. This programme will be of particular interest to Higher National Diploma (HND) and other certificate holders who will want a more advanced professional and technical training in order to boost their career prospects. Kindly apply below or scroll down to read full details of the programme.
7 Reasons to Study this Course with Regent
- State-of-the-art Facilities
- Great Job Opportunities
- Small Class Size
- Professional And Experienced Tutors
- Flexible Payment Plan
- Industrial Placement
- Support From Teaching And Research Assistants
- Credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) in the GCE Ordinary Level
- 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level, 2 of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’; or better
- Passes (at least D) in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
- Credit passes (at least C6) in three Core Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the WASSCE
- GBCE holders who possess passes in three compulsory subjects including English Language and passes in any three Elective subjects including Business Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma with at least and average mark of 10/20 or its equivalent and six months English Language proficiency for applicants with English Language as a second language
- Mature Students’ Entry Requirement (MSER):
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools), or a paper on the candidate’s preferred area of study, IT Appreciation, Mathematics and English Language. Applicants must obtain at least 50% in all four subjects before they will be considered for admission.
- Foreign students: Applicants in this category may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.
- Others: Applicants with International City and Guilds and Vocational
Qualifications, Private Secretaryship and Senior Stenographer Secretary are also acceptable. They may be placed in level 100 or 200 or 300 depending on the level of qualifications attained.
Regular: GHS 2,509 per semester
Weekend: GHS 1,752 per trimester
Application Fee: GHS 100
Graduates of this course could find employment across a wide spectrum of scientific careers, particularly those that involve telecommunication, networking, geographical information systems (GIS) and remote sensing experts, web management, systems administration, information management and security, and the technical and organisational skills to convert that data into useful information. Graduates could seek employment as:
- Information Architects
- Systems Analysts
- Software Architects
- Computer Service Providers
- Information Security Experts
- Business Information Analysts
- Business Managers
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Duration of program: 4 years
Remember to Apply Today!