BSc. Instructional Technology
This 4-Year Bachelor of Science in Instructional Technology is one of the most regarded courses worldwide, widely sought after for its cross-industrial career prospects. Handled by experts at Regent University College of Science and Technology, this course firmly grounds you in pedagogy and cognitive science, so you are able to deal with both present and future implications of emerging technologies to analyse, design, develop, implement and evaluate instruction in different learning contexts and thus better contribute in shaping the educational responses to innovations in ICTs. The IT programme also places high priority on group work, fieldwork and internships. Schools, computer companies, businesses, and other agencies are partners in projects, providing environments, materials, personnel, or opportunities to students to plan and execute innovative projects. This further equips students with the skills to work closely with scholars, scientists, and other professionals to ensure that ICTs are appropriately leveraged to meet the education and training needs of persons who need to re-train, re-tool, and re-skill as careers change multiple times over a lifetime. Kindly apply below or scroll down to read full details of the programme:
7 Reasons to Study this Course with Regent
- State-of-the-art Facilities
- Great Job Opportunities
- Small Class Size
- Professional And Experienced Tutors
- Flexible Payment Plan
- Industrial Placement
- Support From Teaching And Research Assistants
- Credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) in the GCE Ordinary Level
- 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level, 2 of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’ or better
- Passes (at least D) in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
- Credit passes (at least C6) in three Core Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the WASSCE
- GBCE holders who possess passes in three compulsory subjects including English Language and passes in any three Elective subjects including Business Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma with at least and average mark of 10/20 or its equivalent and six months English Language proficiency for applicants with English Language as a second language
- Mature Students’ Entry Requirement (MSER):
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools), or a paper on the candidate’s preferred area of study, IT Appreciation, Mathematics and English Language. Applicants must obtain at least 50% in all four subjects before they will be considered for admission.
- Foreign students: Applicants in this category may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.
- Others: Applicants with International City and Guilds and Vocational Qualifications, Private Secretaryship and Senior Stenographer Secretary are also acceptable. They may be placed in level 100 or 200 or 300 depending on the level of qualifications attained.
Regular: GHS 2,509 per semester
Weekend: GHS 1,752 per trimester
Application Fee: GHS 100
Instructional Technology is a diverse field with opportunities for individuals in a variety of eclectic roles – all centered on the process of creating effective technology enhanced learning environments. In the current digital age where the amount information created keeps growing exponentially, the need for life-long learning drives the need for instructional technologists. Graduates of the program will therefore find career opportunities in business, industry, education, government etc. where they can function as teachers, instructional designers, interactive educational game developers, information architects, training and technology coordinators, and change/process management specialists. Others can go on to further studies in a wide range of fields including business, creative arts, education, technology etc.
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Duration of program: 4 years
Remember to Apply Today!