BEng (Hons) Applied Electronics & Systems Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering Option)
This 4-Year Bachelor of Engineering in Applied Electronics & Systems Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering Option) is one of the prominent courses globally for its well-carved facets relevant to current career paths in Telecommunications Engineering. Here at Regent University College of Science and Technology, the course is taught by experienced Telecommunications industry experts with relevant knowledge and skills to impart students with same to meet and exceed project management and corporate strategy skills that employers are looking for in the Telecommunications industry. The concentration of this programme will be of interest to those who are academically oriented as well as those with professional goals such as employment with business entities, industrial or governmental agencies, requiring advanced knowledge in telecommunications, network theory and technology. Kindly apply below or scroll down to read full details of the programme.
7 Reasons to Study this Course with Regent
- State-of-the-art Facilities
- Great Job Opportunities
- Small Class Size
- Professional And Experienced Tutors
- Flexible Payment Plan
- Industrial Placement
- Support From Teaching And Research Assistants
- Credits in at least 5 subjects (including English Language, Mathematics and Science) in the GCE Ordinary Level
- 3 passes at the GCE Advanced Level, 2 of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’; or better
- Passes (at least D) in three core subjects including English, Mathematics, and Science, and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the SSSCE
- Credit passes (at least C6) in three Core Subjects (including English Language, Core Mathematics and Integrated Science or Social Studies) and three elective subjects with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the WASSCE
- GBCE holders who possess passes in three compulsory subjects including English Language and passes in any three Elective subjects including Business Mathematics.
- International Baccalaureate/Diploma with at least and average mark of 10/20 or its equivalent and six months English Language proficiency for applicants with English Language as a second language
- Mature Students’ Entry Requirement (MSER):
- Applicants must be at least 25 years of age at the time of application
- Applicant must also pass the Mature Students Entrance Examination which comprises: General Paper (including a section on Quantitative & Analytical Tools), or a paper on the candidate’s preferred area of study, IT Appreciation, Mathematics and English Language. Applicants must obtain at least 50% in all four subjects before they will be considered for admission.
- Foreign students: Applicants in this category may be considered for admission if they hold qualifications equivalent to those mentioned above. However, they must show evidence of proficiency in English.
- Others: Applicants with International City and Guilds and Vocational
Qualifications, Private Secretaryship and Senior Stenographer Secretary are also acceptable. They may be placed in level 100 or 200 or 300 depending on the level of qualifications attained.
Regular: GHS 2,509 per semester
Weekend: GHS 1,752 per trimester
Application Fee: GHS 100
Students graduating with degrees in telecommunications from accredited Universities or Colleges can easily find employment in public and private sector organizations. These companies specialize in providing telecommunication services such as high-speed internet, wireless communication and cable television to residential and commercial users across the globe. Telecommunications industry is a highly competitive and rapidly booming industry offering thousands of lucrative jobs to students with accredited degrees. A few of such include but are not limited to:
- Telecom Researcher
- Field Manager
- Hardware Designer
- Electronic Designer
- Network Designer
- Product Manager
- Radio Frequency Engineer
- Network Manager
Start Date: 1st September 2019
Duration of program: 4 years
Remember to Apply Today!